Thursday, February 28, 2008

Waiting for Aidan



I have just recieved word that my dear niece is in labor with her first child, a boy, Aidan. The news instantly swoops me back in time to the day my neice was born, ironically, in the same town and same hospital. She is in her final year of medical school, as was her father when she entered this life.

Allison made me an aunt for the first time, and I was surprised by the tremendous rush of love I felt for her when I first heard her little cry over the phone. A couple of years ago at her wedding, I was able to share that experience with her, it moves me still to remember it.


Blessings on you, little niece, and blessing on you little Aidan, you who will birth a new grandmother and grandfather, and two grand-aunts.
I cannot wait to meet you.

No comments: