1. I was born in Louisiana, learned to speak, walk, and sing in Louisiana, West Virginia and Texas. Had quite a nice lil' accent for several years which I can relax back into on a moment's notice. y'all. Lived in 8 states total so far - Colorado still rules. But I know what it means to miss New Orleans.2. I have been a vegetarian since birth.
3. My favorite color is red, but I don't generally plant red in my garden. I find it difficult to blend with other flowers that I like, which are primarily in the cooler shades. I did paint my former bedroom and bathroom a deep rich red, which I loved.
4. My first day of college was spent as a nursing student. Oops. My second day (and the next 4 years) was as an art major. Studied art history (especially the Italian Renaissance era) and illustration for three years, then switched to graphic design. Later received B.S. in Psychology, which, curiously, isn't all that different.
5. One great great grandfather was a Confederate soldier in the Civil war, David Wiley Hanes of Alabama. His wife, Sylviania Hanes, is my namesake. She bravely stood up to the Union soldiers when they came to take all their horses, and was able to negotiate keeping one horse for the farm.
Another great great grandfather was on the side of the Union, Theodore Dickinson of New York/Minnesota. Two of Theodore's brothers were in the same company, all survived. Three of their cousins also fought alongside them, two died in the infamous Andersonville Prison, and one in the Old Soldier's home in Lordsburg, California.
6. I'm left handed and learned to paint signs from right to left from my dad, who was also left handed and a part time sign painter.
and that's all I have to say about that. except that now I tag MARK.
4 comments:
sometimes there just ain't enough rocks...
but sometimes life is like a box of chocolates and you find good stuff in the middle..
or a gem like you
(see that's how all the random stuff just fits together like someone planned it or something)
i wish you would relax into that accent more often. i'm pretty sure it would rub off and we'd have this southern "everything is gonna be just fine, honey" vibe going on in our office.
You did it! Thanks. Well i am partial to Southern accents, you could say i am bias. Southern roots always impress me.
I am glad you did this blog. It is cool to peek into your world.
Well, y'all. I reckon I'll just think about it tommorrow, because tomorrow's another day.
Post a Comment