
I have a lot of dreams. Very interesting dreams. Sometimes they are random neurons firing through whatever stimuli my brain has encountered during the day. More often, though, I find God is able to get my attention while I am asleep much more efficiently than when I am awake. He is very, very creative, let me tell you. And funny, too. Since He made my brain, He gets how it works and how I think and process things in ways that are extremely difficult for me to articulate, finding even the best language limited in its usefulness.
Which brings me to the title. I had a very typically wild dream a couple of nights ago, and one of the interesting occurences was that several folks I encountered in the dream had pet snakes on a leash. The snakes themselves didn't look normal, even for a snake. Their heads were sort of hollow and folded over, kind of like a cobra only more extreme. They were all black. They kept "jumping' up on me, like a dog. (Don't ask me how a snake jumps, I have no idea and indeed if they ever figure out how to do it in real life I don't want to know about it!) I kept insisting to the snake owners that I hated snakes, that I didn't want them in my house, leashed or not, that I didn't want them near me or jumping on me. The owners paid no attention, other than to look at me with bemusement. I finally left the house, only to find folks on the street with their pet snakes, but now it was sort of like a "Project Runway" for snakes. They were all dressed in elaborate outfits, hats and feathers and what not. Someone told me that their snake was dressed in "jealousy." Its outfit was all in red, silk and felt and sequins. Finally, and with relief, I woke up. (I hate snakes! hAAAAAAAAAAAAte them.)
When I came out of my sleepy fog, I suddenly got the revelation that the pet snakes were representations of temptation. All dressed up and paraded around, presumably under the owner's control (the leash), but snakes nevertheless.
And I will leave you to your own editorializing. As for me, I had to laugh. God got me a good one.
2 comments:
good metaphor for temptation...because how flippin' impossible would it be to keep a leash on a snake? and that whole thing about God getting your attention more efficiently when you're sleeping than when you're awake...that sounds terribly familiar. thanks for this romp through your REM sleep. made me smile.
weird dream lady
great pic
i had a funny one just before awaking the other day
SR was driving our school bus and i was asking her if she'd like to do a worship set for us and she said hey yeah i heard about rubio and i was like you did? where! and she said on oprah... ha! nothing like random neurons firing off the days stimuli searching for a fit.
Post a Comment